Thursday, July 29, 2010

devotions

9Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,10and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive. (Titus 2:9-10)


16
Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (Thessalonians 5:16-17)

I shared with Aaron this morning what I learned in my devotion, but then decided to write it on the ole' blog.

The first passage was in the actual devotion. The second passage I read out of habit... Ever since we have read this passage a few Sundays ago, I have finished out my daily devotions with it. After reading these two passages, one right after another, I was reminded of something. Even if I am not an actual "slave", God has still put several authorities in my life. I, being the stubborn human I am, don't like it when ANYONE is put over me... in any leadership position (even if I am completely aware that you can't live life without authorites... bosses, teachers, coaches, mentors, pastors, parents, GOD). I just LIKE to be in charge. However, God chooses my path, He chooses my authorities, He chooses where I am and when I am there. If there are authorities over me, He put them there. I was reminded how blessed I am, and the Thessalonians passage reminded me to rejoice ALWAYS in the Lord and to THANK God for where I am, even if I don't want to be there, "for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."I am thankful for the authorities God has placed in my life. I can't count how many times I have disagreed with most of them... but God has used them each in powerful ways and I am truly, truly thankful and will rejoice in the fact that God is in control and His majestic character shines through His powerful plan for my life.

I will rejoice always and praise God for the trials that make me weak. When I am weak, He is strong.

(bunch of rambles... hope it all made sense! did to me... that's what matters, I guess!)

1 comment:

Emeila said...

Amen! Have a blessed weekend!