Thursday, March 19, 2009

strings in the right hands.


I have this amazing skill of doing a lot of things. I don't do a lot of things in an orderly fashion really.. I just do them all around the same time. My school, my sports, movies, eating, money spending. It's phenominal because I can do all these things at one time but I can only do them all up to a certian point and then the next thing im doing pulls me in that direction. its like I am a puppet tied up with strings and one end of each string is tied to me and one end it tied to a certain thing that I try and accomplish, yet all of these things are in different directons.. so I finally crawl up my string enough to get close to accomplishing one thing and then the weight on another thing is so heavy it pulls me towards it which I don't ever accomplish either.


Its funny when you think about those scary puppets.. the ones that are tide up with strings like.. on pinnochio.. the only way they work right is if all the strings are facing upwards so that the one who made the puppet can move that puppet where it's supposed to go. I want my strings to face upward but in doing that it takes full submission... something that I am striving for daily. I'm tellin ya.. its harder then it looks for one of those puppets :]


Does God want me to dance for him? Does God want me to play basketball for him? Does God want me to continue to act for him? Does God want me to clean sewers for him? Whatever he chooses for me to do, I will do it in full submission, and when I do I won't just be mediocre at the task, I will be phenominal. Thats what happens when all our strings are in the hands of the creator.
Today I must do my devotions, run (yes.. I think I can, I think I can), accomplish the schoolwork planned out for my day, wash laundry (I find if I wash and fold laundry pretending I am some Cindarella or romantic mother, it goes so much faster and sweeter), go to tap (ha), eat lunch with Jessie and Anna :] and probably shoot 100 shots. The schedule arises and burst with stuff. Summer is going to be so good. So free, warm, and God filled (not that winter isnt of course, God fills every season.. but summer and spring, you can just feel the life he has created) I'm ready.
God Bless,
Dmoney

1 comment:

Holly Michele said...

I like your blog, keep it up. It helps to blog about your love of God. I think I am going to start a "Prayer Diary" myself. It is something that I think about during my prayers before I go to sleep. I think God knows he would get me to release a lot more of my inner feelings if I wrote my prayers down, instead of always saying them.
I hope your week is great and keep-keeping the faith.