Saturday, November 15, 2008

the game of basketball.


last night the G, bec, nuke and i had a basketball experience. We went from our own practice, to matt's game, to the girls version of knights vs. knights (as dustin called it) and then the boys version of knights vs. knights. Matt's game was hilarious, the other team looked like a t.v. show, the average movie rejects who were good but they didn't look like they could be by their looks and that's why no one picked them. it was quite the funny. Matthew Carlson had a great game, led his team and beat the other team... by 50. but still fun to watch cause matt's a beast. On the way to NRCA's gv team, we got a little.. confused. Map quest is just like that. So we stopped after about 45 minutes and got directions from a pizza man who sounded new yorky.. but he was from cary.. i think it was just his pizza man cover up. Then we arrived and the game was close close close. Both teams were amazing, Rebecca Fussell amazes me, she is so good. They lost by five but to a team that is amazing and they fought through the whole thing, so they should be happy with that. That's my opinion. On to the epitome of greatness. The boys were stoked and bouncing around, yelling at each other in encouragement. They amaze me, how they are so pumped and so... big. That boy though, that boy took over the game. It amazed me, with castle corner screaming at everything behind me, G and nuke yelling beside me, players cheering in front of me, it just simply amazed me. He truly is THE good basketball player. Like the definition. He killed it, had like 40 points (seriously), like 18 steals (i don't know. but a lot), and a million other things (legit). It was truly appalling. He was like the hero of NRCA, after the game EVERYONE like surrounded him and gave their high fives or pats; G, Bec and i were like, HA, WE GO TO CHURCH WITH HIM! ha! It just amazed me and i decided i want to play like a boy. :)
Although the game of basketball makes me so frustrated all the time, i can never go away from it. I love the sound of squeaky shoes on the court, the swish of the ball, the cheers of the crowd, and the pounding of your heart and the silence of it all as event after event occurs. Sure, it frustrates me a ton if i lose by a lot, but i still got to play and that is something i need to thank the Lord for. Sometimes i wish i didn't like it so much, but that wish ceases to come true. I just thank the Lord for the actual sport itself and for the actual ability of playing the sport itself, and the ability to watch and learn from other amazing players.
Matt, Rebecca, and Nate taught me a lot in just one night, and boy, i cant wait till Monday's practice.
Dmun

2 comments:

Lifted said...

dmun...demon?

i love you daryl. you're not a demon in my book.

:-)

(bet that's the best compliment you've had all afternoon!)

Daryl Munroe said...

seriously. its the best compliment i have received in like a month! :p