Wednesday, November 19, 2008

refreshing.


really though. REALLY though. I just feel relaxed. I still have a bunch to do, but after working so hard this week and staying up really late all these nights and having CRAZY classes today (best ones yet though) and just finishing it all... for atleast a week. I am truly thankful for this peace God has given me. I just feel like a huge load has been taken off me.. when really... i still have a bunch to do.. but i just feel.. so GOOD!

and tonights cell group, talking over Sunday's message and thinking about it and hearing other views, was honestly the bets topping to my night. I couldn't have chosen a better ending to my "social day" (it obviously wasn't the end of my day or i would be asleep). That group just yearns for God, they just want him with their everything. You can tell. You can tell that they just reach until their arms ache. They strain with their eyes just to see a real glimpse of him. They hold His Word like the sacred book it is. I want to be like them. I want their attitudes. I want the fire in me like HG, the light of Jesus Christ in me like Steph, the passion in me like Bec, the humble attitude in me like Catherine, the heart of a servant in me like kellie, the look of God truly shining through me like amy, I want to follow hard after Christ like Jess, know God like dan, show the attitude of Christ like dustin, Submit to my God like Jude... and just so many others.

I want to be like them because they strive to be like God.
and that is my heart's desire.


"Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us." 1 Peter 2:11-12


I know, what a refreshing way to end my day. God couldn't have blessed me with a better end.
"They longed for me to speak as people long for rain.They drank my words like a refreshing spring rain." Job 29:23


Just Plain Daryl.

No comments: