Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Submission.

really though, it seems like the easiest thing you can do for God, and for some people, it is; but for people with strong personalities... not that easy. It's hard when I feel like someone disrespects me and I have to sit there and be respectful back. But like Dan said, thats just the thinking of, "I deserve better, when really, all we deserve is death." God has blessed me with so much, so many wonderful, wonderful friends, an amazing family, the team of a lifetime, a youth group that is solid and the best there is, a dance stuido that carries the attitude of putting God first, just... the list goes on and on. And that wonderful God who gave ALL of that to me, when i deserved nothing, asks me to submit to my authorities. He asked me to do it. How could I sit here and know that God chose me, asked me something, and then still want my selfish ways and still want to give them a taste of their own medicine? I dont know.. but its easier said then done. I even find it hard praying for those people, just cause I don't want to. But how selfish could I be? I have been having the opposite attitude and doing everything I can to show everyone and that person the error of their ways, but its not working... they don't notice. The reason they dont notice is because it isn't between myself and that person. It is between them and God. And then! just when I go to those places, see those faces, my heart and mind thinking and feeling, "full submission." It gets harder, something happens and I don't want to do it anymore. Satan is alive and well and I need to remember that I can't do anything without the Lord. Nothing.

I will be set apart, I will pray daily and rely on the Lord for help, and I will show submission. Oh, I will. Because I have to, because I love God.

the G calls me d-money.

No comments: