Sunday, June 21, 2009

toms, fever of 105, and cambodia lists.


I have been going over notes from camp and it was actually quite glorious. I think Friday night was the night that I was so sure about... It was still a weird week but most of my very good friends were there and I honestly did love every minute of it.

Friday night though I slept horribly and woke up with a fever of 105... which is very high... apparently my body reacted to the typhoid pills I had been taking for Cambodia in a very negative way.... I had that fever, a cough, a very bad headache, and muscle pains most of Saturday and most of today... however with some advil my fever has dropped to 101 :] praise Jesus! never thought I would be excited about a fever of 101 :p I have just been laying in my bed but thank the Lord for laptops :p it has atleast kept me entertained until I fall asleep every few hours.

Also while I have been up, I have been making packing lists for Cambodia... I never seen such a long packing list and yet we can only take a 50 llb. bag, a 15 llb. carry on and a big purse... and this is the girl who packs 1902412 suitcases for two days! I did order some Lands End water tennies and some TOMS though and that excites me to no end!



I also found another pair that I like but I needed one that went with everything I was bringing and these are the pair that I chose :] I was impressed with the story behind TOMS.. its amazing what ideas God can bring to peoples heads. These amazingly comfortable shoes are perfect for any weather and any climate and when you buy a pair, you automatically buy a pair for a child in need. I give full credit to JULIA SASSER for showing me these awesome shoes!

I am praying that after this stupid sickness is over I remember everything that I need... I leave in 8 days :/ I also pray for everyone here... those at camp, those with family, those with friends... I pray that whether in Cambodia or serving those around you that they and we are making a difference. That's why we are here.

D

No comments: