Sunday, May 16, 2010

I, Daryl Lindsey Munroe, am officially going to Regent University



people have always said, "sometimes God calls you to things you don't want to do." and you nod and agree because even if He hasn't called you out of your comfort zone.. you "know" God would do "something like that."

you know.. God did it. He called me to do something I not only didnt want to do.. I refused to even think of it as a possibility. He called me to Regent... if I had the time or I thought you really cared, I would spend the time to explain the long process and turmoil God allowed me to go through before I finally made the decision to obey His calling.. if you really want to know the story.. take me aside sometime and just ask me! I would love more than anything to share this lesson with you....

you know.. this year God has just swooped me under billions of lessons my stubborn heart NEEDED to learn... but this senior year has changed my life. I learned three huge lessons that I could never have learned without the mercy of my ever loving Father and the patient hearts of the friends and family God has blessed me with.

1. perseverance (good story)
2. forgiveness (good story)
3. trust / obedience (not ended.. so far so good)

all three (four) of these things are things that you can't succeed without. If you just "give up" and don't continually seek God in everything that you do ("whether you eat or drink" HOW SIMPLE?!) then you will miss out on the most amazing thing God has for you.. YOUR LIFE. If you don't learn how to forgive people like the Father forgave you.. you are in for a dark run and nothing will go well for you. We need to realize that not forgiving someone doesn't harm that other person ONE BIT, it just rips apart YOUR insides. If you don't learn to trust the Almighty God who is omnipotent then pridefully you are putting your "ideas" and "decisions" before the one who created your very being... that doesn't really.. make sense..

however.. these lessons aren't easy and even if I went through some very, very tough things to even start to realize the depth of these lessons... it is still a daily decision I have to make and struggle doing so without the help of my father. But I thank the Lord for the great opportunity to go through the trials to start to realize how much those things are actually applicable and needed in everyones life.. much less my own.

I am going to miss them.. I really am.. but I know that you don't lose family when you go to college... and they are nothing less than family.

No comments: