Friday, May 7, 2010


sometimes I am confused at what in world God is THINKING?! and by sometimes, I mean majority of the time. I sometimes feel like I just am so confused that I look to the sky and I can see God with His hands on His hips giving me some sort of evie expression saying,"Daryllllll.. what the heck are you doing!?" and I'm like, "I DON'T KNOW!"

Trust is defined as several things (it's frustrating when you look up a word and it has 21094 billion definitions.)

My favorite is: confident expectation of something; hope.

I have hope in the Lord. I know this... but then it boils down to.. do I know it? do I believe it? do I believe God has my life in in His hands and He knows what He is doing just as much as I trust my cereal to taste like cereal or my hands to type when I touch this keyboard?

God knows. He knows that I SAY that I trust Him... and I do believe He is giving me PLENTY of opportunities to prove my trust and belief. If everything works out the way it looks like it is going to.. then I will be attending Regent University next fall. If I am horribly uncomfortable, I will transfer to Liberty. However, I feel the Lord tugging on my heart and if I am truly called to Regent... uncomfortable might be the feeling God wants me to have. My whole life goal is to be "uncomfortable"... and I suppose God is going with, "there is no time like the present!"

He did bless me however with a summer filled with family and friends. I will be around my true families for two more months and then I will have to say goodbye... but as my good friend, Regina Spektor, puts it,

"I'll come back when you call me, no need to say goodbye."


and that is certainly the truth! One call from any family member (that DEFINITELY includes any miller, levin, carlson, macdonald, price, clements, brown, vanover, ray, williams, drummond, walker, or munroe) and I will be back in a jiff jiffy! I love them each dearly, and I couldn't be more thankful for the families I will grow old with. I do believe I can lose friends when I go to college, but I know I can't lose family.

Thanks dear Lord for your strength!

p.s. people. I have some things left before its all funny fun summer!

spanish final
study for history final ( a lot )
mail out invitations and announcements
fill out nate. questionnaire


SHOUT OUT TO HANNAH AND EMMA (:

No comments: