Monday, May 18, 2009

the weekend.


this weekend I went on my very first beach retreat with my youth group. oh my goodness, delicious. I love them and I needed that. I miss my youth group and I miss Dan's teaching. However, I like being left on my own to prepare for Cambodia and to have "independant" time with God, not like youth group was not allowing me to have that.. duh... just, I am having to learn a little more on my own and it was nice to have that alone time on the beach as well to think and pray. But this weekend consisted of so much; giggles, sunburns, swimming in killer water (we almost died.... really), pictures, discussions, thorns ( :[ ), pizza, turtles, more giggles, football, sun, capture the flag in the dark, a lull in capture the flag in the dark, sanddd, cute little ones, late nights and early mornings and so much more.... I loved every minute of it :)
Last night I was hit with the reality that I have 6 more weeks until Cambodia... SIX weeks! thats not far at all.. and in between that I have work week, early week, recital week, teen week, and pool week :) then.. cambodia. I have so much to do.. just this very day; I have to finish up on my math, I have to go to verizon, I have to find my swimsuit from the church :(, I have to go to dance (only pointe today!), I have to practice my jumpshot, and I have to finalize my shopping list for cambodia. OF course I must accomplish all of this with a very uncomfy sunburn :p
Praying for you all,
D

No comments: