Sunday, December 7, 2008

"faulty ocean of a world."





[poem]



The girl runs freely,
her skirt in the wind.
The chains, they are broken,
she is free once again.
She makes more mistakes,
some big and some small,
but Her God, he loved her,
he loves them all.
She kicks her legs up as high as she can,
jumping then running,
squishing her toes in the sand.
She wants that empty space no longer,
in her heart it lives,
she has searched and searched for something to fill,
something that truly wants her and gives.
She jumps on the swing,
hoping to swing her problems away,
pumping and pushing,
they all seem to stay.
The wind, it seems to push her,
in the way she doesn't want to swing,
but why? who is stopping her?
who would do such a thing?
The prince of this world,
though he calls himself the king,
he pushes and pulls,
that girl off the swing.
She doesn't understand why she feels this way,
why everything, every bad feeling seems to stay.
She feels as this world is a strong, blue ocean,
Drowning her in sin, with this world's faulty motion.
She finally gives up, falls into the sand,
yelling, "Lord, Lord, i don't understand,
I try to be good, I try to stay true.
But something is pulling me,
further and further away from you.
I want to be good,
I want to help people,"
She cries as she stared at the high church steeple,
"Why do my friends argue? Why do my parents fight?
Why do I feel bad in the middle of every night?
At first, everything,
every feeling and smile,
it all feels so warm,
so happy,
for a little while.
My friends, they make me laugh
and are perfect to me,
then why they hurt so much,
I strangely don't see."
Her God, he smiled,
scooped her up in his hand,
"My child, my child,
do not fall in this sand,
This world, it will swallow,
it will chew you, spit you out,
but in me, you must have the smallest bit of doubt.
This sin, this prince,
you will know for a time.
This world,
it won't always have a logical reason or rhyme.
You have to be patient, knowing I am here,
I am the only reason to have any sort of fear.
Yes, things will not always go your way,
just as hurricanes affects will start to sway.
It is a big storm, but in the end,
you trust in me, and you I will defend.
Your trials, your friends, your family too,
I am the one who gave them all to you.
Smile my child and be thankful when low,
because however they trial you so,
I will be here, forever true,
to help you swim out of that ocean blue.
Remember this,
I say with a kiss,
I do, very much so love you."
And with that,
He rocked her asleep,
her sleeping with a smile,
a smile that would keep.





Oh Gracious Lord, help me to remember you are my comfort. Help me to remember you are my rock and I do not need anything besides your love. Thank you for taking such good care of me and my family. You are merciful and omnipotent. I do not deserve anything that you have given to me, but you give it anyways. Thank you Lord.





"Wonderful Savior,
How may I bless your heart?
knees to the Earth, I bow down,
to everything you are.
Be Blessed, Be Loved,
Be lifted high, be treasured here,
be glorified, i owe my life to you my Lord,
here I am."

"Everlasting,
your light will shine when all else fades,
neverending,
your glory goes beyond all fame;
and the cry of my heart is to bring you praise, from the inside out Lord, my soul cries out."



His daughter,
Daryl Lindsey

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love this...all of this!

I love you Daryl!

Katie Smith said...

did you freaking write this?! You're amazing, and I love it!