Sunday, April 19, 2009

Go Big Rocky Top.





Man, you know those family friends. Those family friends that the parents of the family have been friends with your parents since college and they are practically your cousins cause you grew up with them. and i mean literally grew up with them cause all the kids are around the same age. yeah. we have those. they are named:


The Pembertons



I tell you what, every time we venture over to Knoxville, Tennessee we have the biggest blast there ever has been. It's so easy to pick up where we left off, even if it had been four years (as it was for me... not j and sarah.. they go more cause they are less busy) I love it. I love the Pembertons. We always do the things we did when we were little.. just in an older way (we nixed the power rangers this round however :p) I sometimes wish Sydney and Michael lived here cause they would fit in so well with me and my friends.

I also love the U.T. atmosphere... of course.. being a party school means its not exactly a holy atmosphere but I love it when big schools look so forward to a season.... some schools its basketball, maybe even soccer for others, University of Tennessee, its football. It's phenominal... you roll down streets headed to the game and you dont see a SINGLE person wearing any color except orange and white.. you can feel the excitement in the atmosphere and you just cant help but love the sport.

we sat in a sky box and over 50,000 people showed up just for the spring orange and white game... phenominal. I want to go to college... but I know God is calling me to a smaller, christian school.. but I sometimes wish I was called to be one of the lucky ones to be a light in such a dark place. I love tennessee more than any other place, I'm a VOLs through and through, but I am excited after seeing that college again what light I am called to be.


oh grr. back to reality. It's sunday night like.. or monday morning at 12:20 and I must, MUST finish some school before I bounce into my comfy, much missed bed.
Tomorrow, dance is back, p.t. is back, yrap is back, mr. bob is back (last week was a break from ALL) and I have a ton of school and errands to run.


as caleb does so say, adios.
(however, I might say that in a disgusted tone.. I dislike spanish with a passion)

D

No comments: