Sunday, April 12, 2009


Last year at the sunrise service it was so cold we could barely breath. The people with blankets had goosebumps and the people without them (some people including my family) shivered uncontrollably as we sat with our backs against the wooden benches that I remember being so hot I sweat against. It's hard to pay attention when things are uncomfortable, ha, but thats life.


When I first sat down to this computer in my shmancy Easter dress I of course went to weather.com first. Bitterly I discovered it saying 45 degrees and under it the words FEELS like 35... not exactly what I wanted to read when the high is supposed to be 67 today. But then I had a thought... I wonder.. I wonder on the real Easter morning what it felt like... for some reason Im not sure it would be sunny and warm.. for some reason I think for three days it had probably been cold, rainy, and wet.. the miserable kind of weather. I'm not totally sure of course and Im sure everyone feels different but maybe as lightning struck the day they killed His son it was a forwarning of miserable weather to come. Although cold, Easter is also the first day people think of spring weather.. when its warm after a cold winter people go, "ah, it feels like Easter." So Easter also leaves a refreshing, new feeling of comfort.


I wonder if the morning of Easter was cold and rainy and then the afternoon of that oh so galliant day turned out to be a different feeling in the air then what it had been, something changed, and everything felt new and refreshed?


I dont know, but I know that as I sit on those freezing benches this year my mind will be in a different place then it was last year... I know that I might be cold but I will truly be wondering, pondering, thinking, praising God for the very first Easter day that we celebrate every year.


He has risen,
D

No comments: