Wednesday, February 10, 2010

my heart breaks thinking of departure.

perfect smiles, pretty scrunched faces, full hearted laughter.

three brunettes that mean a lot to me,
they laugh, they joke, they amaze the crowd.
their hugs are tight, their knowledge sought,
their eyes are filled with smashing dreams.
one fights whole heartedly,
one cares abundantly,
one loves continuously.
oh, how i love them, oh how i love them.

the encouragement of one man,
never lacking in faith or hope.
the lessons of another,
never giving up or letting go.
the leadership of yet another,
leading by example and love.
all whom spread joy through their actions and kind hugs.
joking, playing, picking, knowing.
oh, how i love them, oh how i love them.

the scent of competition, the drive of endurance,
the team that fills the air with perseverance and smiles.
my heart beats with honor and pride,
as i realize i get to learn from these girls.
my team,
my blue, black, and white team.
oh, how i love them, oh how i love them.

music, lessons, listening,
honor, praise, worship to the King.
pastor with wisdom, mentors with heart.
sweet sweet smiles from a girl,
who shows nothing but honor to her Father.
oh, how i love them, oh how i love them.

giggles, fights, smiles, and strife.
the family that holds nothing back,
sisters who deserve adoration,
brother who deserves trust,
parents who deserve respect,
all who deserve love.
oh, how i love them, oh how i love them.

my God.
my wonderful, incredible Savior.
You, you gave me this.
this love for these people,
this joy to be with them.
You are never failing,
and I know because of You,
they will be with me always.
oh, how i love You, oh how i love You.

No comments: